What’s better than a delicious banana split? A delicious banana split in the form of a cupcake! Last week my sister made these irresistible cupcakes for her soccer team party and I couldn’t help but blog about them. Of course I tried one and they were fabulous! OK so I know what you are all thinking…these must be very hard and time consuming to make. Well rest assured they are not as hard to make as they look. They are actually pretty simple once you get started!
So here’s what you will need to make these irresistible treats in your own kitchen!
Banana Split Cupcake Recipe
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup mashed bananas (about 2 to 3 bananas)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/3 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake or muffin pan with 12 paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt onto a piece of parchment paper and set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar for 3 to 5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition
- Add the bananas and honey, and mix until well incorporated
- Add one third of the dry ingredients , followed by one third of the water, and mix thoroughly. Repeat until all of the dry ingredients and water are in the bowl.
- Use an ice cream scoop or measuring cup to scoop batter into the pan. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until the toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Using an apple or cupcake corer, core out the center of each cupcake and fill with chocolate ganache. Make sure to wait until the cupcakes are completely cool before coring or else they will collapse!
For the Chocolate Ganache- Be careful! Mix over medium high heat stirring constantly. Chocolate can and will burn if you are not constantly stirring it. Trust me, I found out the hard way!
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar, sifted
- 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup rainbow sprinkles
- 1/4 cup crushed toffee
- 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 12 maraschino cherries
Credit to Georgetown Cupcake for this great recipe.
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe as much as I did! Stay tuned for more new and exciting updates!