I can’t believe that Christmas Eve is one week from today. December has absolutely flown by! I’m sharing three easy Christmas themed recipes if you are in need of a last-minute dessert for Christmas parties.
Reindeer Chow (Puppy Chow with a few mix-ins)
- 9 cups Rice Chex, Corn Chex, Chocolate Chex cereal or combo
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Measure cereal and set aside.
- In 1-quart microwavable bowl microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High for 1 minute stir. Microwave until the mixture is smooth. Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over cereal stirring until evenly coated. Place the mixture in a 2-gallon plastic bag.
- Add powder sugar, seal bag. Shake until well coated then add in M&M’s and pretzel pieces. Place on a baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Christmas Rolo Pretzels
- Pretzels (I always use the circle ones that come out around this time, but regular pretzels will work too)
- Christmas M&M’s
- Rolo Candies
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place pretzel rings flat on a baking sheet. Place Rolo candies inside pretzel rings.
- Place in the oven and leave them in there for 3-5 minutes. Keep an eye on them because they will melt.
- Once they come out of the oven place an M&M on top of the Rolo. Let cool before moving them.
Christmas Rice Krispie Bars
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10 oz) marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies Cereal (Holiday Edition)
- In a large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cereal and stir until coated.
- Using butter spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2 pan coated with cooking spray. Cool and then cut into squares.
I hope you enjoy!