Are you looking for the perfect fall dessert to bring to upcoming Friendsgiving’s, Thanksgiving’s, or holiday parties? Well, then I have you covered! My aunt recently made this Pumpkin Spice Trifle that she found on Pinterest from the blog Loves Bakes Good Cakes and after she got rave reviews I knew I had to share the recipe. If you’re a pumpkin lover like I am this is the perfect treat for you. It’s super simple to make and sure to be a hit!
- 1 box spice cake mix (you could also use a pre-made one from the grocery store or homemade if you have a recipe)
- Ingredients listed on the back of the box to prepare the cake mix
- 1 pkg. (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can pure pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tubs (8 ounces each) of whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- Prepare and bake cake according to the directions on the box. Allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, crumble to cake in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, pumpkin, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice with an electric mixer until thoroughly combined. Gently stir in one tub of whipped topping and set aside.
- In a trifle bowl, layer one-fourth of the cake crumbs. Top with half of the pumpkin cheesecake mixture. Add another crumb cake layer. Top with the remaining tub of whipped topping. Add another layer of cake crumbs. Top with the rest of the pumpkin cheesecake mixture. Then add the remaining cake crumbs to the top.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until it’s time to serve. Make sure to refrigerate any leftovers.
- Makes 24 servings.
Photo courtesy of LilLuna.com on Pinterest
Link to the original recipe and blog post on Love Bakes Good Cakes: https://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/pumpkin-spice-trifle/