Today I am sharing my all time favorite dessert to make for Easter, the Barnaby Bunny Cake. My mom has been making one since she was little and it quickly became a tradition. It is so simple to make and so festive. We brought one to our Easter brunch and it was a hit!
- Vanilla Cake Mix
- Vanilla Frosting
- Jellybeans, I used Brachs
- Red food coloring
- Bake cake mix according to box. Make sure to use round cake pans!
- Let cake cool. Then move to a cookie sheet or tray for decorating.
- Leave one round cake the way it is while cutting the other into 3 pieces: 2 ears and a bow tie.
- Frost cake completely.
- Cover with coconut. We usually leave the bow tie without coconut incase not everyone likes it.
- Die some coconut red for the ears, see picture below!
- Add jelly beans for the eyes and nose.
- Add licorice for the mouth.
We added some of the cake balls that I posted yesterday around the cake for some extra decoration! I hope you all had an amazing Easter.
Stay tuned for some spring recipes in the next few weeks!