Sorry for my absence the past couple weeks. I just finished finals and didn’t have much time to bake. I am back with one of my all time favorite desserts but in bar form. Here in Minnesota bars are a very popular dessert with many varieties such as Lemon Pie Bars to Snickerdoodle Bars. Any dessert you can think of we can make it in bar form!! This recipe isn’t very hard it’s just the Nestle Toll House Recipe but instead of dropping them on a cookie sheet you place them in a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. They are yummy and perfect for any gathering!
Nestle Toll House Recipe
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease pan.
2. Combine butter, vanilla, sugar, and brown sugar in mixing bowl.
3. Add in eggs one at a time mixing after each addition.
4. Add in salt and baking soda.
5. Add flour.
6. Place in pan and bake for about 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool then cut into bars.