Gingerbread Cookies are very popular around the holidays! If your tired of all the cookies you have been eating over the past few weeks then try these cupcakes instead. They have the same great gingerbread flavor but in cupcake form! I’ve made them for my family multiple times and every time they are always a hit. They are perfect for a Christmas Eve or even Christmas Day dessert!
2 3/4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
3 teaspoons ground ginger
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup packed dark brown sugar
1 1/4 cups molasses
1 cup hot water
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake pan with 12 baking cups.
2. Sift together all dry ingredients and set aside.
3. In bowl of mixer cream together butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs one at a time beating slowly after each addition.
4. Add the molasses.
5. Alternate 1/3 of the dry ingredients followed by 1/3 of the hot water until fully incorporated.
6. Fill cupcake pans using an ice cream scoop.
7. Bake for 16-18 minutes.
8. For frosting combine all ingredients and beat for 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy.
Credit to Georgetown Cupcake for the recipe and Pinterest for the photo.