Snickerdoodles have become one of my favorite cookies in the past couple of years. They are the perfect cookie around the holidays! Take a break from all of the rich chocolatey desserts and try these out. One of my favorite cooking shows to watch on Food Network is Trisha’s Southern Kitchen. All of her recipes are homemade and super easy to make!
1/2 cup salted butter, softened
1/2 cup vegetable shortening
1 1/2 cups sugar plus two tablespoons sugar
2 medium eggs
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, combine butter, shortening, 1 1/2 cups sugar and the eggs and mix with an electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and well combined.
3. Sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt, stir into the shorter job mixture.
4. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining two tablespoons of sugar with cinnamon.
5. Shape dough into 1 1/2 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes rotating cookie sheets halfway through. Cool on wire racks.
Credit to Food Network for the recipe and photo.