Caramel is a very popular scent around the holidays. I have posted this recipe before, but it’s too good not to be posted again. They perfect combination of sweet and salty is sure to make your guests smile!
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
2 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, room temperature
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups whole milk, room temperature
1/2 cup caramel
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon water
12 tablespoons butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup heavy cream
Directions – Caramel
1. Put sugar and water in a large saucepan and stir until sugar liquifies. Make sure to stir constantly (sugar can and will burn).
2. Add vanilla and butter into the saucepan.
3. Remove heat and whisk in heavy cream.
4. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to let it thicken.
Directions – Cupcakes
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two pans with paper baking cups.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream together butter and sugar, 3 to 5 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time and mix after each addition.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients followed by 1/3 of the milk. Repeat until incorporated.
7. Mix caramel sauce in by hand.
8. Use a scoop to fill pans and bake for 18-20 minutes.
16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
1 teaspoons whole milk
1 teaspoons salt
1/2 cup caramel sauce
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of stand mixer.
Credit to Pinterest for the photo