One of the most recognizable signs of Christmas is the candy cane. I couldn’t think of a better Christmas cookie than the Candy Cane cookie to share with you. My mom, sister, and I make these every year and they are always a hit! I’ll post the recipe down below!
1 cup buttered, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
1 teaspoon salt
Red Food Coloring
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons crushed candy canes
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees .
2. Stir together sugar and candy cane, set aside.
3. Mix butter, powdered sugar, almond extract, and vanilla extract. Mix flour and salt and then add to wet mixture.
4. Divide dough in half and add red food coloring.
5. Roll 4 inch strips in each color and twist together. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
6. Bake for 9 minutes until lightly brown.
7. Sprinkle with candy cane/sugar mixture right when the come out of the oven.
Credit to Pinterest for the recipe and photo.