Peppermint Bark is a delicious treat to make around the holidays. Set it out at dessert or send it home with guests either way it’s the perfect treat! I used the Georgetown Cupcake’s recipe and it turned out great. I’ll post it down below!
2 cups dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups white chocolate chips
1 to 2 teaspoons pure peppermint extract
1 cup crushed peppermint candies or candy canes
1. Fill a small saucepan half full of water and bring to a boil. Place a glass bowl on top of the saucepan. Add the dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips, and melt slowly, stirring constantly (it can and will burn). Add the peppermint extract and mix throughly.
2. Line a 8 x 4 inch rectangular baking dish with parchment paper. Pour dark chocolate into the baking dish and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes.
3. While the dark chocolate is chilling, melt the white chocolate chips using the same technique. When it is fully melted pour it on top of the chilled dark or semi-sweet chocolate.
4. Sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies or candy canes and place it back in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Remove from the refrigerator and break into small or medium size pieces.
Credit to Georgetown Cupcake for the recipe and Pinterest for the photo