There are so many fun and festive cupcake flavors that you can make during the holidays from chocolate peppermint to eggnog. One of my favorite flavors is Red Velvet! I love the Georgetown Cupcakes Recipe and I’ll share it with you down below. I also think it would be cool to switch up the red food coloring for green food coloring or even do a red and green velvet marble. I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do!
12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
4 tablespoons no-taste red food coloring
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups whole milk
3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/3 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting
6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
4 cups powdered sugar sifted
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cupcake pans.
2. In the bowl of the stand mixer cream together butter and sugar at medium speed for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
4. In a small bowl whisk together cocoa powder, red food coloring, and vanilla.
5. In a small bowl combine salt and milk. On low speed alternate between the milk mixture and the cocoa powder mixture until all incorporated.
6. In a small bowl stir baking soda and apple cider vinegar together (it will fizz) then pour the reaction into the batter.
7. Using a standard size ice cream scoop fill cupcake pans 2/3 way full.
8. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
9. For frosting combine all of the ingredients in the bowl of the stand mixer and best on high speed for about 2 minutes.
10. Let cupcakes cool then frost and decorate!
Credit to Georgetown Cupcake for the recipe
I made them in minis because they are the perfect size for any holiday gathering!