Peppermint is my all time favorite Christmas flavor! So when I came across these peppermint brownie bars I knew I had to try them. Let me just say they are to die for. I mean who doesn’t love chocolate and peppermint, I couldn’t dream of a better combo!
1 package brownie mix
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter plus 7 tablespoons butter, divided
1 teaspoon peppermint extract
1 1/2 teaspoons heavy cream
12 ounces semi-sweet baking chocolate, chopped
Crushed candy canes (optional)
1. Bake brownie according to directions on the box.
2. Beat powdered sugar, 7 tablespoons butter (melted), cream, and peppermint extract in large bowl until smooth.
3. Spread evenly over brownies and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
4. Microwave chocolate and stick of butter in large microwaveable bowl until butter is melted.
5. Spread over top of chilled brownies. Sprinkle with crunched peppermint candies and serve!
Credit to Pinterest for the recipe