Well it’s finally December and you know what that means…only 25 days till Christmas! Christmas is my favorite holiday and not because of the reasons you might think. Christmas is my favorite holiday because of the wide range of amazing baking flavors it brings with it! Today is the first day of my 25 Days of Christmas Desserts series and I thought I’d share with you one of my favorite Christmas cookies, Gingersnaps!
These are the easiest cookies to make!
.75 cup shortening (Crisco)
1 cup sugar
4 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon ginger
1. Sift together cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, flour, and ginger. Set aside
2. In bowl of stand mixer mix together sugar, egg, molasses, and shortening.
3. Add sifted ingredients until incorporated.
4. Form into ball shapes and roll in sugar.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 7 minutes.