Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you all have a great day with family and friends. My favorite part of the entire meal is of course the dessert, pie! My pie of choice is Chocolate Pudding Pie. Every Thanksgiving my aunt make 13 different pies ranging from apple to pumpkin to chocolate. I truthfully couldn’t imagine my Thanksgiving without a piece of Chocolate Pie. I thought I would share this family recipe with you!
Martha Stewart Pie Crust
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons ice water
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- Put flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of the food processor. All ingredients should be cold.
- Add butter and process for 10 seconds.
- Add ice water bit by bit, alternating with egg yolks; process just until dough holds together.
- Divide into two discs, wrap and chill for an hour.
Chocolate Pudding Filling
- 2 packages (3.4 oz) chocolate jello pudding, cook and serve, not instant
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 2 cups light cream
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Constantly whisk (it will burn) until the mixture is smooth and thick.
- Pour into pie shell and chill overnight.
- Top with whipped cream and enjoy!