It is finally starting to feel like fall here in Minnesota. My favorite fall flavor is Pumpkin! I am addicted to Starbuck’s Pumpkin Spice Latte’s and Breadsmith’s Pumpkin Bread. Two of my favorite fall treats. I have never had a pumpkin flavored cupcake before so when I saw this recipe in the Georgetown Cupcake Diaries book I knew that I had to try it. Let me tell you these cupcakes are to die for! They are by far my new favorite cupcake flavor that I have made. I posted the recipe and some pictures down below!
Pumpkin Spice Recipe- Makes 24
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
2 tablespoons honey
1/3 cup hot water
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cupcake pans.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and salt. Set aside.
3. Place the butter in bowl of stand mixer and beat until fluffy. Add sugar and beat until well incorporated.
4. Add eggs one at a time mixing well after each addition. Mix in pumpkin and honey. Reduce speed to low and add in one third of the flour mixture followed by one third of the hot water. Repeat until fully incorporated.
5. Use an ice cream scoop to fill cupcake pans.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes (start checking at 20)
Cream Cheese Frosting- the recipe calls for maple cream cheese frosting but I am not a big maple fan so I just made plain
8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
8 cups powdered sugar, sifted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
12 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 cup pure maple syrup (optional)
1. Place all ingredients in the bowl of stand mixer and beat until well combined. About 5 minutes.
Credit to Georgetown Cupcake for the recipe
Hope you enjoy!