Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and I am here with some delicious last minute treats that are yummy and super easy to make! This past weekend my sister had a friend over and they did a bunch of baking for Valentine’s Day and I thought I’d share some of the recipes they made!
Cake Balls: These are just like cake pops minus the stick (the sticks have never liked me!). You can make them in any flavor for any holiday! My sister and her friend made chocolate and vanilla covered in chocolate, white chocolate, pink, and red Wilton Chocolate Melts (these are perfect for any holiday or occasion because they come in any color!). The cake balls themselves were covered in the white and chocolate then drizzled with pink and red!
What you will need for Cake Balls
- 1 box cake mix in whatever flavor you wish
- 1/3 cup frosting (I usually do the same color as the cake so that it’s less noticeable)
- Wilton Chocolate Melts in whatever color you choose (We chose pink, red, white, and chocolate to go with the theme)
- Sprinkles if you wish
Rolo Pretzels: These are the perfect combination of sweet and salty. They are super easy to make and take less than 5 minutes! I never even thought of doing these for Valentine’s Day until my sister mentioned it (We always make them for Christmas). These are also perfect for any holiday!
What you need for Rolo Pretzels
- Circle Pretzels (If you can’t find circular pretzels normal ones will work just fine!)
- M&M’s (Again we used the Valentine’s one’s to stick to the theme)
- Preheat the oven to about 350-400. Put them in the oven for 2-3 minutes!
Chocolate Covered Pretzel Rod’s: Another perfect combination of sweet and salty. These tasty treats are perfect for any occasion!
What you need
- Pretzel Rod’s
- Wilton Chocolate Melts (We just used the leftovers from the Cake Ball’s)
- Sprinkles if you choose
Chocolate Covered Strawberries: Need I say more! These are on of my absolute favorite treats to make and eat! They are a perfect handmade delicious gift for Valentine’s Day!
What you need
- Wilton Chocolate Melts
Georgetown Cupcake’s Mini Red Velvet Cupcakes: When you think of Valentine’s Day the one cupcake flavor that comes to mind is Red Velvet!! Not only is it a super yummy recipe but it fits the theme of Valentine’s Day perfectly! Red Velvet is one of Georgetown Cupcake’s most popular flavors on any given day especially on Valentine’s Day! We took the recipe from their first cookbook The Cupcake Diaries (recipe down below) and made them in a mini version so that they were easier to give away to people. You can definitely make them in normal size if you want! Pair them with a delicious cream cheese frosting and you have a perfect dessert!
Red Velvet Recipe
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cocoa powder, sifted
- 4 tablespoons no-taste red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 2 standard cupcake pans with paper liners (We used cute mini valentine’s one’s)
- In the bowl of the stand mixer (or a bowl and hand mixer) cream together butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes on medium speed or until light and fluffy. Lower speed and add in eggs one at a time, stirring after each addition.
- In a small bowl whisk together cocoa powder, vanilla, and red food coloring. On low speed slowly add in this mixture to the sugar and butter.
- In a small bowl combine salt and milk. Alternate pouring in the milk mixture and the flour in thirds.
- In a small bowl quickly stir together baking soda and apple cider vinegar (it will fizz!), then add it into the batter.
- Fill the cupcake pans using a standard size ice cream scoop (you can use a spoon or a measuring cup if you don’t have an ice cream scoop)
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean
- Combine all the frosting ingredients together in your bowl and mix until light and fluffy
- Fill a piping bag with a large round metal tip to frost. (You can use a plastic bag if you don’t have a piping bag)
- Make sure the cupcakes are completely cool before frosting or you will have a melted gooey mess on your hands! (speaking from experience)
I hope you guys try out some of these fun and super easy recipes!
Have a great Valentine’s Day!!